Sunday, February 8, 2015

Meet Your Neighbor - Nicole Hunter-Maes

I caught up with Nicole at the Pinewood derby for Pack 506 and 556.  She is the Cub Scout leader for Pack 506.

Who are you and what do you do?

My name is Nicole Hunter-Maes and I am a volunteer, I do Cub Scouts, I volunteer at the Roosevelt Elementary.  I have 2 kids at school at Roosevelt  and a 3rd son who goes to St James. I work part time for Knights of Columbus insurance.

What do you love about San Leandro?

I love the sense of community here.  We moved here when my oldest son was starting kindergarten. So we didn't have any experience with school or community, we both worked full time. It was all about work and the kids were in daycare. Then we moved here and all of a sudden it like this extended family, its unbelievable how welcoming it is, this small town community, yet your minutes away from the city, it unbelievable.

Final words?


All I can say is if you are going to raise a child, San Leandro is a great place to do it. I hope that in the future the city allows us to grow, get some more new businesses, get some new restaurants here.  Get people to come here not just to live but to spend their money and enjoy their weekend time.

No comments:

Post a Comment